The Managing Director/CEO of Afriland Properties Plc. recently chaired ‘The Real Estate Leaders’ Network “Breakfast Gold”, a quarterly, 2-hour breakfast meeting of like-minded leaders in the Nigerian Real Estate Industry.
While welcoming everyone, she mentioned the importance of creativity in handling business this year and the need for collaborations and joint venture partnerships amongst real estate companies. “It’s about collaborations. Looking at competition and asking how do we collaborate”
The objectives of Breakfast Gold are to connect, network and foster quality business relationships with other leaders in the Nigerian Real Estate Industry, share and gain knowledge and to enhance results in business.
This edition of the Real Estate Leaders’ network was themed “2016 Real Estate Outlook – Interesting times ahead? and answered the following questions;
• The impact of the current economic and political climate on real estate in 2016.
• What are the Challenges?
• Where do you see the real Opportunities?
• What will be the winning Strategies for the current economic climate?
• Which sector will stand out or dominate? If any?
• Which sectors will suffer and why?
• What economic policies need to be watched?
Speakers who shared their perspectives on the outlook for the year include:
•Mr. Hakeem Ogunniran, MD UPDC (Premium Real Estate Developer perspective)
• Mr. Adenrele Oni – MD, FBN Mortgage (Mortgage/Finance perspective)
• Mrs. Patrenia Wert Onuoha – Real Estate Strategy and Portfolio Manager – Shell (Consumer (Oil & Gas)
• Mr. Arinze Adigwe, Homebase Mortgage Bank Ltd.
• Mr. Adenrele Oni, MD/CEO, FBN Mortgages
• Ms. Chinwe Segna, Regional Director, West Africa, JLL
The meeting was well attended by leaders in the Nigerian real estate industry such as Afriland Properties, UPDC, First Bank Mortgages, Fine and Country, Orange Island, Homebase Mortgage, Stanbic IBTC and a host of others.
See pictures below.