Oh yes, there’s a checklist for every task under the sun. Whether you plan to sell your home or not, it’s important to carry out regular maintenance and repairs. Home maintenance is a preventive measure and it helps to ensure the value of your home does not depreciate.
It will cost you more to replace eventually than to maintain and repair regularly:
- Inspect roofing for missing, loose, or damaged shingles and leaks.
- Change the air-conditioner filter.
- Clean window and door screens.
- Polish wood furniture, and dust light fixtures.
- Remove leaves and debris from gutters and downspouts.
- Replace the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Have a professional inspect and pump the septic tank.
- Inspect sink, shower, and bath caulking for deterioration.
- Vacuum lint from dryer vent.