Job Opportunity – Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Afriland Properties Plc is a property management, investment and development company, offering end-to-end services along the real estate value chain, from management to joint-venture investments.
With a portfolio size of over N10 billion and one of the largest land banks in Nigeria, Afriland is pioneering the opportunities presented by an institutional approach to real estate, serving niche markets throughout Africa.
At Afriland, our vision is to be Africa’s leading real estate company, creating long term value for all stakeholders. Our mission is to deliver world-class developments by leveraging global best practices, strategic partnerships, excellence, and innovation.
We are looking to hire a dynamic Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to oversee the Finance function of the organization.
The CFO will work directly with the MD/CEO to provide strategic support and guidance to the company on all finance related matters.
- Build real estate financial models for evaluating projects.
- Oversee cash –flow planning and ensure the availability of funds
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships
- Develop & utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity based financial analysis to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
- Co-ordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Organizing and overseeing the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) and other shareholders meeting.
- Preparation of Board Papers
- Develop financial business plans, models and forecasts
- Run investment analysis
- Participate in corporate policy development and the development of short, medium and long term financial plans, and projections
- Where required, represent the company to financial partners; investors, institutions, auditors, public officials e.t.c
- Remain up to date on company audit best practices
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate financial procedures
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Assists Human Resources in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management policies and procedures
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and performs other activities as assigned
- BSc or MSc in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations preferred, ICAN, ACCA
- Strong financial modelling skills. Similar experience within the real estate industry is an added advantage.
- Strong Investment and cash flow analysis skills. Similar experience within the real estate industry is an added advantage.
- Experience in deal structuring and transaction management
- 10+ years of financial experience and management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills plus excellent organization skills
- Proficiency with automated financial and accounting reporting, and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Strong understanding of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Ability to equilibrate priorities, highly detail oriented, organized in work and good working knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send CV to email@example.com stating ‘CFO for Afriland’ in the subject header.
Application deadline: Friday , April 24, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.